Monday, April 23, 2012

Mushroom, Wilted Baby Spinach and Sun dried Tomato Stuffed Grilled Cheese


A Sandwich? really? OK, don't be a food snob take a closer look this is my version of a gourmet grilled cheese. I came up with this recipe on my run this morning. I was craving a hearty breakfast but came home too  late to consider it breakfast,  I needed something satisfying while still being considered a "good girl" to my waistline.

Melty cheese, 2 slices of Ezekiel bread, wilted baby spinach, sun dried tomatoes and  mushrooms serve it up with a tall iced coffee.. It's gonna be a great day!

Mushroom, Wilted Baby Spinach and Sun dried Tomato Grilled Cheese
4 mushrooms, Sliced
3 sun dried tomatoes, sliced
1 cup baby spinach
1/4 cup cheese, shredded ( I used cheddar)
salt and black pepper to taste
2 slices Ezekiel bread
1 tbsp. olive oil

Saute mushrooms in olive oil in non-stick pan, until mushrooms have color  add sun dried tomatoes and spinach , add salt and pepper . Saute until spinach is slightly wilted. Remove mixture from pan add two slices bread to pan, on one half add vegetable mixture and cover with cheese cover with second slice of bread. Press down with back of spatula for all the ingredients to stick together. when one side slightly toasted, flip sandwich to get underside some color, Remove from pan and slice in half.

1 comment:

  1. Ya shldve invited me for brunch today, this looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...