Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Curry Chicken Salad Sliders


So whats for Dinner? the usual phone call I get from the mister in the late afternoon. Chicken something I proclaimed, and after that came silence...

yup! straight up silence.

I thought we had  bad cell phone connection. Turns out I used the "c" word, Chicken again he said. After promising him he won't go starving, I knew I need to start thinking and quick.

After a long day, I had no patience to spend hours in the kitchen I wanted something quick and easy. Chicken salad came to mind, wrapped in lettuce? nah that wont work for a hearty dinner. I remembered seeing a recipe recently for curry chicken salad that I wanted to try, I figured this was the time and place. salad  in between two slices of bread, I can't go wrong.

Curry- Just the word sorta transports you to a different land. No? kinda? ok. I know the stunning yellow hue is definitely not your average color you see your chicken dressed up in.

This is your basic Chicken salad Recipe with just a few additional ingredients Curry, besides the warmth it gives the dish the color is magnificent. and I added a little bit of Cayenne for a kick. Give this recipe a try, if you have leftover chicken, or even as a salad recipe for shabbos this dish is delicious cold, warm or in between.  Second thought you can even add some cooked pasta, this would make a delicious pasta salad.

Curry Chicken Salad Sliders

3 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
1/4 cup craisens  or any dried fruit of your choice, or some sliced grapes
1/2 cup salted cashews, chopped
2 scallions, chopped
2 ribs celery. chopped

Add all ingredients to large bowl, mix to combine. set aside.

Curry Dressing:
3/4 cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp. curry powder
1/4 tsp. cayenne
pinch of salt
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp sugar.

Mix all dressing ingredients, Combine with salad. refrigerate until serving, This salad is best after a few hours so the flavors have time to get to know each other. :)

1 comment:

  1. this sounds right up my alley. cant wait to try this at sundays bbq

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...